Yeah, exactly one year ago I published my first blog post, my IPv6 Security Master Thesis. Though I thought that I won’t publish that many articles furthermore, I continued to write blog posts. Now, one year later, I have published 54 articles – more than 1 article per week. Wow. So it’s time to say. Happy Birthday to my Blog! :D
For those who are interested: In this post I am showing a few statistics, list my used WordPress plugins and will give a short preview to upcoming blog posts.
The posts that have the most hits are almost articles about the Palo Alto Networks firewall and the Site-to-Site VPN tutorials. Especially the post about the CLI troubleshooting commands is accessed really often. Furthermore, my IPv6 Security Master Thesis still gains some hits and the mathematical analysis of passwords/passphrases is also quite popular.
The following statistics are made by the Jetpack “Site Stats”. That’s the plugin from WordPress.org which is called every time my blog is visited.
This is the monthly graph of visitors (dark blue) and views (light blue). Cool to see that the accesses to my blog are constantly increasing:
–> In April 2014, my blog had 322 views/day by 192 visitors/day in average.
The Top 5 posts (absolute) are the following. Of course, the view count depends on the published date of the posts:
- CLI Commands for Troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls (4304 views)
- Password Strength/Entropy: Characters vs. Words (3064 views)
- IPv6 Security Master Thesis (2395 views)
- IPsec Site-to-Site VPN Palo Alto Cisco ASA (2002 views)
- KeePass Passwort-Speicher Einführung (1990 views)
The following list shows the Top 5 posts (views/day) as of April 2014:
- CLI Commands for Troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls (48 views/day)
- IPsec Site-to-Site VPN Palo Alto Cisco ASA (29 views/day)
- Password Strength/Entropy: Characters vs. Words (21 views/day)
- IPsec Site-to-Site VPN Juniper ScreenOS Cisco ASA (14 views/day)
- KeePass Passwort-Speicher Einführung (12 views/day)
The “forgotten” blog post, that’s what I call the post which took me a lot of time but is not accessed that much, is my post about Password Policies – Appropriate Security Techniques. Lots of information but not found via Google. :( So if you want to do me a favour: Forward that post. ;)
These are the plugins that I am using for my blog. (Alphabetic order.)
- 2 Click Social Media Buttons: Facebook, etc. buttons
- Akismet: Anti-SPAM for comments
- BackWPup: Periodic backups from all blog data via FTP
- Crayon Syntax Highlighter: For all text listings, really huge
- Download Manager: Countable downloads
- Jetpack by WordPress.com: Lots of plugins that ship with WP
- Prettyphoto Zoom: Zoom for photos
- Social Metrics: Only for admins: Overview of Facebook likes, etc.
- TablePress: Generating and editing tables
Articles to Come
What’s in the pipe for the next month? Well, after lots of network and security related articles, I will publish a few “creative” Do-It-Yourself posts concerning an ADS-B Flightradar24 server, a small synthesizer with a DIY MIDI interface, and 3D photography. However, most of these posts will be in German.
But, of course, I will continue to write articles about firewalls, VPNs, and monitoring servers, too. These will stay in English.
Thanks for reading!! :)
Featured image “Erster Geburtstag” by Thomas Kohler is licensed under CC BY 2.0.